The following commands allow you to create a set of keys (SSH Key) for connection to the SFTP digital document repository and thus enable the safe upload or download of files.
The following steps are valid for the main operating system platforms:
Linux (In its different versions CentOs, Ubuntu, Debian, etc.)
Steps to execute:
1. Access the command line (CLI) from the Terminal application
2. Once the command line is enabled (CLI), the following command is executed:
ssh-keygen -t rsa
Once this command is executed, a series of information will be displayed. Basically, we must record the path from which the generated files are stored. For this process, two files are generated within a hidden directory (.ssh) within each user's folder.
The generated files would be the following:
id_rsa (Private key file - Not to be shared)
id_rsa.pub (Public key file - It is the one that you must share with your DANAConnect Account Manager)
3-. Once the files have been generated, you can proceed to copy and send the Public key file (id_rsa.pub) to your DANAConnect Account Manager, to complete the process of creating and validating the connection to the DANAConnect SFTP document repository.
You can generate an SSH key in Windows using the PuTTYgen application.
Then follow the next steps:
1. Download and run the puttygen.exe generator. PuTTY Key Generator
2. In the "Key" section, choose the SSH-2 RSA Key type key and click on Generate.
3. Move the mouse randomly on the small window to generate a pair of keys.
4. Select the text of the public key shown in the Key window, copy it and paste it into a TXT file.
5. Click on “Save public key” to save your public key.
6. Click on “Save private key” to save your private key and say yes to save the key without a password key to protect it.
7.Send the public key to your DANAConnect Account Manager. Only the TXT file where the public key was copied.
8. Once the DANAConnect team has performed the validation, you can proceed to connect to the SFTP.